LitDistCo requires a self-directed, well-organized, technologically-skilled, service-oriented General Manager to run its book distribution service.
The General Manager is LitDistCo’s sole employee, but you’ll be working with a team of dedicated and skilled sales, marketing, and distribution specialists. The General Manager is responsible for running all the operations of LitDistCo and must be proficient and experienced in performing administrative, financial, and technological tasks as well as be experienced in providing prompt and effective customer service. Excellent communication skills with all levels of management and staff are imperative.
The General Manager reports to the Board of Directors of LitDistCo through the board chair and the treasurer. The candidate's work is supervised and managed by the Executive Director of the Literary Press Group of Canada.
- Oversees all activities at LitDistCo, including: preparing monthly sales reports, act as liaison with all stakeholders, develop and maintain and disseminate the bibliographic database, manage projects, prepare and manage the annual budget, prepare meeting agendas, write grants and grant reports, communicate effectively with customers and clients, and keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting.
- Bookkeeping experience—Simply Accounting preferred.
- Budget management.
- Project management.
- Technology skills required include: Microsoft Office, FileMaker Pro, WordPress, Google Apps, and project management software (Basecamp, Trello), and additional software is necessary.
- Demonstrated communication/negotiation skills are required, as are exceptional organizational skills.
A detailed job description is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Warehousing and logistics experience
- Business planning skills
- Awareness of publishing industry
LitDistCo is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Please send cover letter and resume to the attention of the Hiring Committee: email@example.com.
Applications close at 11:59 Pacific Daylight Time, October 21st, 2018.
Targeted start date for this position is November 19th, 2018.