The LPG is seeking two contract Sales & Marketing Assistants. These eight-week positions, funded through Canada Summer Jobs, are for youth interested in the publishing industry. The ideal candidate will be creative, curious, and well organized, and they will have a passion for reading. The start date will be on or around June 20, 2022.
Summary of Responsibilities
The precise combination of duties will vary depending on the projects assigned, and may include the following:
- Conduct research for ongoing projects related to literary publishing, book sales and marketing, book-related media, bibliodata, and other topics
- Create and use spreadsheets to organize and analyze data
- Support event planning
- Support website content management
- Write reports, summaries, blog posts, newsletters, and social media content
- Design advertisements and social media graphics
- Assist with administrative tasks and general office support
- Advanced internet research skills to search for, evaluate, and document information and sources
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, and Google docs and sheets
- Familiarity with WordPress, MailChimp, Canva, and/or Adobe Creative Suite would be an asset
- Strong critical thinking and writing skills, with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, including by phone and videoconference
- Self-starter who can work independently and as part of a virtual team (working remotely)
- Some post-secondary education completed or equivalent relevant work experience
To be eligible under the terms of Canada Summer Jobs funding, applicants must be between 15 and 30 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada (must have a valid Social Insurance Number). International students are not eligible.
$18 / hour (35 hours/week, for a total of 8 weeks)
The LPG’s office is in Toronto at 234 Eglinton Ave. E., Suite 401. As we have switched to remote operations due to the pandemic, this position will be remote (working off-site). Applications from anywhere in Canada are welcome.
Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 5:00 pm EDT
To apply, please fill out our application form and email your résumé and cover letter AS A SINGLE DOCUMENT (Word or PDF) to email@example.com no later than Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 5:00 pm (EDT). No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The LPG embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We have adopted a Code of Conduct to guide our interactions. We encourage applications from BIPOC, disabled, and LGBTQ2+ applicants, and others facing barriers to employment.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Literary Press Group
Founded in 1975, the LPG is a not-for-profit association that represents Canadian-owned and -operated literary book publishers from coast to coast. Our members produce books by some of Canada’s most innovative and creative writers, giving readers access to diverse voices that have not been well represented in mainstream publishing. In addition to their cultural contributions, LPG members are small businesses that support local economies through the full range of their business activities, from editorial, design, and production to marketing, sales, and distribution.
The LPG advocates for members and for Canadian literary culture; manages a collective sales force; offers distribution services; operates the online book retailer All Lit Up; provides professional development and knowledge-sharing opportunities; and represents member publishers at national and international events. We gratefully acknowledge the support of the Canadian Government through the Canada Book Fund and Canada Council for the Arts, and of the Ontario Government through the Ontario Arts Council.