The LPG is seeking a full-time (35 hours per week) contract Marketing Assistant to support a variety of marketing activities for special projects. This 24-week contract position will commence on or around January 16, 2023 and is dependent on confirmation of funding. This position is for an early-career publishing professional interested in supporting independent Canadian literary publishers in marketing their titles to readers. The ideal candidate will be creative, curious, and organized, and they will have a passion for reading and literary publishing.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Marketing Assistant, Special Projects will work with LPG staff, partner organizations, and participating publishers. This position requires planning, research, and understanding of marketing communications, as well as a strong customer service focus and attention to detail. Under the guidance of LPG staff, the Marketing Assistant, Special Projects will:
- Research specific audiences using publicly available sources
- Manage creative assets for collective marketing campaigns
- Develop messaging for key audiences
- Participate in meetings, as needed, with staff and third-party suppliers
- Provide communications and administrative support
- Some demonstrated knowledge of digital marketing concepts and strategies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as Google Docs and Sheets
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Canva
- Knowledge of bibliodata would be an asset
- Strong critical thinking and writing skills, with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, including by phone and videoconference
- Self-starter who can work independently and as part of a remote team
- Post-secondary education, ideally in publishing, or equivalent relevant work experience
$22 per hour
The LPG’s office is in Toronto at 234 Eglinton Ave. E., Suite 401. We are currently working remotely most of the time. Remote applicants located anywhere in Canada are welcome.
Wednesday, December 14, 2022 at 11:59 pm ET
To apply, please fill out this application form and email your résumé and cover letter AS A SINGLE DOCUMENT (Word or PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, December 14, 2022 at 11:59 pm (ET). No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The LPG embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We have adopted a Code of Conduct to guide our interactions. We encourage applications from BIPOC, disabled, and LGBTQ2+ applicants, and others facing barriers to employment.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants should make their needs known in advance to email@example.com.
About the Literary Press Group
Founded in 1975, the LPG is a not-for-profit association that represents Canadian-owned and -operated literary book publishers from coast to coast. Our members produce books by some of Canada’s most innovative and creative writers, giving readers access to diverse voices that have not been well represented in mainstream publishing. In addition to their cultural contributions, LPG members are small businesses that support local economies through the full range of their business activities, from editorial, design, and production to marketing, sales, and distribution.
The LPG advocates for members and for Canadian literary culture; manages a collective sales force; offers distribution services; operates the online book retailer All Lit Up; provides professional development and knowledge-sharing opportunities; and represents member publishers at national and international events. We gratefully acknowledge the support of the Canadian Government through the Canada Book Fund and Canada Council for the Arts, and of the Ontario Government through the Ontario Arts Council.
To learn more, please visit lpg.ca and https://alllitup.ca/.